Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chocolate Puff Wheat Squares

So I love puff wheat squares. Even eating them is fun if you're like me and like to eat your puff wheat squares one puff at a time. : )
Well, over the summer I asked my mother to show me how to make them back before I had learnt how to bake things by myself (and also before I knew how to take a picture). Anyways, last night I was cleaning the kitchen and when I put away a casserole dish, I noticed a shelf that I had never seen before. Seriously, it's like I had been blind to it my whole life. It was full of little binders, old books with yellowing pages, and a small floral box full of little recipe cards. Yay, I finally know the recipe for making puff wheat squares and I can put up this post which I created months ago before I even finished designing this blog. 

Chocolate Puff Wheat Squares
-8 cups of puffed wheat* (you can usually find this in the cereal aisle)
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/3 cup butter
-1/2 cup corn syrup
-2 tbs cocoa
-1 tsp vanilla
*for special results only put in 7 cups of puffed wheat.
The ingredients.
Making puff wheat squares is actually really easy to do. Put everything except for the puff wheat into a pot and melt them together until they begin to bubble.
Then pour the whole mixture into a large bowl containing the puff wheat. Make sure it is a huge bowl, otherwise you'll have puff wheats flying everywhere.
Then put the whole thing into a lightly greased pan and pop it into the fridge to harden. 
OMG, look at that picture! Wow, I really had no idea how to frame a picture back then. Okay, just had to get that off my chest. 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh... that looks delish! I'm slightly sensitive to wheat so I'll try substituting 'em which some rice bubbles! Hopefully it'll work! :D

    ReplyDelete