Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Home-made Lemon Tea

Well, my last day of school before exams was yesterday, so now I have a few days off to study and catch up on some sleep. Because it's cold season and there's snow everywhere, I've been preparing lemon tea for myself every night before I go to bed. It's really simple and reminds me of the NeoCitran tea packages I used to drink when I was a kid. I really love making this because it clears out my sinuses and helps me to relax before I go to bed, plus it's super easy.
All you have to do it boil some water, squeeze out the lemon juice from the lemon and then add a little bit of agave nectar for a little sweetness and to help with the sourness. If you don't have agave nectar, then you can use honey or sugar, the only difference it that agave nectar has a low glycemic index so it won't give you a sugar spike right before bed, plus it's vegan.
That's it. Good luck to everybody preparing for exams and I hope we all stay healthy during the cold season!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My goodness! What a colorful blog you've got going here :) Your dream is to one day become a vegan and my dream is to one day become a vegetarian! So this blog will inspire me everyday!

    ReplyDelete