Sunday, December 25, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Treats, Day 12: Chocolate Covered Cherries

And who would have thought a Christmas treat could be this simple? Chocolate covered cherries! They're so easy to make, so delicious, and often the first thing to leave the dessert table. Unlike chocolate covered strawberries that people make regularly, chocolate covered cherries seems to be a special dessert that only comes out during the holidays.
Even though I don't think you folks need a list of ingredients, I'll give one to you anyways, since it's the holidays and all. Merry Christmas!

Chocolate Covered Cherries
-Chocolate
-Maraschino cherries (with the stems)
*white chocolate for drizzling is optional

Simply melt the chocolate, dip the cherries into the chocolate, and then place the cherries onto a sheet of wax paper. Then pop them into the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.
Normally I leave my chocolate covered cherries plain, however, I had some left over white chocolate chips after making the double layer easy fudge, and thought drizzling some white chocolate would make the cherries look fancier.
Merry Christmas!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This looks good and on the healthy-ish side. Perhaps I can exchange my processed sweet tooth DIY one. I like making things.Deliciously Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks too pretty to eat ;)

    Hope you had a great holiday! Check out my blog today on my review of Sharp Hill Designs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little drizzles of white chocolate on top- how pretty and yummy! I hope you had a wonderful christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative! They look so cuteee :)

    ReplyDelete