Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bubble Tea at Popocha

Popocha is a place that offers Bubble Tea along with milk teas, slices of cakes, coffee, and amazing gelato. It's a pretty popular place during the evenings amongst the teens in the area. Why? Well, it has board games, magazines, comfy seating, video games, and it stays open until 2am! During the day it's not quite so lively. Mostly people just come to get their tea and leave, or they sit at one of the tables with their laptops using the free wifi.
Basically, it's like a cooler version of Starbucks, but for people who don't like coffee (although Popocha does have coffee).
These pictures were taken at around 6pm so it wasn't very busy. Can you believe how dark it is outside? I hate winter.
So this summer was the first time I ever tried Bubble Tea. I first heard about bubble tea back in junior high but it wasn't until my second year of university did I actually give it a try. Truthfully, I always thought that the bubbles were like regular fizzy bubbles from soda, just inside of tea, which, let's be honest, does not sound very appetizing. Well, I was wrong. So, so, very wrong.
Bubble Tea is so amazing. Imagine the tastiest, smoothest, creamiest fruit smoothie with floating pieces of jelly candy inside it. Normally, Bubble Tea has tapioca balls floating inside (hence the name "Bubble" Tea) however, for folks like me who don't really like tapioca, you can order a bunch of different things like passion fruit jellies, lychee jellies, green apple jellies etc., or nothing at all.
In the picture above is cantaloupe real fruit smoothie with passion fruit jellies and a honeydew real fruit smoothie with lychee jellies.
A mint chocolate milk tea and a kiwi real fruit smoothie with rainbow jellies.
A blueberry real fruit smoothie with lychee jellies and a strawberry real fruit smoothie with black tapioca balls.
Also, the tea comes out in a cup with cute little messages on the top!
And why is there a plastic cover on top of the cup? So that you can jab a huge straw into the cup.
Try to aim for the circle, unlike me. : )
Popocha is located on Pembina highway not too far away from the University of Manitoba and is fairly easy to find. Be sure to go check it out with your friends!

View Larger Map
Popocha Tea House on Urbanspoon
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Bubble Tea! There's a place in Ann Arbor, MIchigan that makes bubble tea just the way I like it!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bubble tea! Especially mini pearls! So chewy and addictive!! The place I go to, you can add sweetened red beans in them too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE bubble tea. this looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Bubble Tea myself, but have always wanted to... unfortunately I'm pretty sure they all have milk in them and I'm lactose intolerant, but glad you can enjoy them and I will live vicariously through you. hehe! loving those cartoons!

    ReplyDelete