Sunday, December 4, 2011

Who Fedya? Edna Fedya!

Who Fedya? Edna Fedya! That's right, Edna Fedya is the name of the new restaurant on the University of Manitoba's campus. It serves a variety of food ranging from classic breakfast dishes to delicious dinner meals. They have a daily quiche, home made soup, and even provide grass fed beef and free run eggs. I also hear their coffee is especially amazing.
I don't know why I've been so reluctant to talk about Edna Fedya on my blog. I go there every Sunday! Perhaps it's because I'm afraid of people discovering how amazing it is and taking all the tables. I know that sounds unlikely, but it's happened before!
I've had pretty much everything on their menu. Their pancakes are great, their breakfast sandwich is incredible and was one of my favourite things to eat on the menu before I became a vegetarian (it has a lot of ham), and their omelettes are some of the best I've ever had. But even greater than all of that is their preserves. Whenever you order toast you get a little cup of their preserves swimming with whole strawberries and blueberries. Sometimes if you ask nice, they'll even give you two.
I'll be honest, I never waste the preserves on toast. I just eat it straight with a spoon.
And then the hash browns. Boy, do these guys know how to season their potatoes. I have no clue what all those flecks of green stuff are on the hash browns, all I know is that I just can't go back to those bland and overly salty deep fried cubes of potatoes ever again since my first trip to Edna Fedya.
And the greatest part about this place is that they have a wide selection of vegetarian dishes to chose from. Sandwiches, soups, salads, quiche, a giant fruit parfait, and even a vegetable omelette. The picture above is their vegetable omelette stuffed with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese. This whole dish cost $9.00 and can fill even the largest stomachs.
Edna Fedya is a little hard to find. You have to drive through the University's entrance gate, turn right at the first lights, then turn right again into the parking lot, and then the restaurant itself is in the centre of a big long building. I really hope that you'll give this place a try if you don't live to far away because it is amazing and I have never been disappointed.

View Larger Map
Edna Fedya on Urbanspoon
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! you're so lucky that you have such as great place at your uni! :D I need those preserves now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! I just had lunch a few hours ago, but you're making me hungry again!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete