Monday, March 19, 2012

Extra! Extra! Here's A Post Full of Great News

First piece of great news: It is HOT outside. Yesterday morning my mother and I left the house for Sunday brunch and it felt like we had landed in Florida and were on our way to a fabulous Disney vacation. Above is a picture of the dwindling ice on the pond outside our front door. Remember when the pond was literally a skating rink? And below is a picture of a Edna Fedya's patio. I imagine that soon they'll be bringing out the chairs so people can enjoy the amazing food in the great outdoors.
Second piece of great news: For the first time ever I ordered Edna Fedya's home made ice tea, and it was amazing. But that's not the great news. The great news is that refills are free! Why, why, why did I not know this before?
And the third (probably most important) piece of great news: The date and location of the Manitoba Food Bloggers second get together has already been decided and people can sign up to attend right now. This second gathering will be taking place on April 18 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Bistro 7 1/4, although I should mention that last time the party went later than scheduled because of the fun everyone was having. Here's a description of the event.

"Since our first event was such a big success, we're doing it again!
Join the Manitoba Food Bloggers on April 18 in the spanking new lounge at Bistro 7 1/4.  This is your chance to chit-chat with chefs, foodies, bloggers, restauranteurs, liquor reps, beer makers, coffee roasters, writers, photographers and maybe even a farmer or two.
Instead of collecting donations at the door, we've attached a $10 fee to the event. It will be donated to the Winnipeg Harvest Kitchen Project." [source]

If you would like more information on the event, or would like to buy a ticket, click here
I'm uncertain as to whether I will go because my last university exam takes place the morning after. Oh gosh, never mind. Of course I'm going, because if I don't I'll regret it for weeks.
Sorry Professor Turner. : )
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment