Friday, April 20, 2012

Photos From the Manitoba Food Bloggers Second Gathering

This past Wednesday evening the Manitoba Food Bloggers held their second event at Bistro 7 1/4.
It. Was. Awesome! The food, the people, the prizes, everything about the evening was a blast. There was a 70 person maximum allowed for the event and apparently there was quite the waiting list. Knowing this I feel extremely lucky that I was able to attend.
When I arrived it was so nice to see some familiar faces from the last food blogger gathering, like Colin from cenquist.com, Courtney from The Fig Tree, and Elaina from Flavour Food and Wine. I also had a chance to meet some new folks like Destiny from The Healthy Wife. I think that allowing fellow food bloggers to meet is probably the biggest thing that makes these parties great.
As you can see, the place was packed. At the back of the room there were wine samples and beer samples like last time, and in the top right corner you can see the prizes of the evening being given out. I didn't win anything. : (
The food they had there was also lovely. There were servers walking around with additional appetizers, but I didn't get a chance to photograph any of them.
Overall, I am so glad I went despite the fact that I had an exam the next morning. Not only did I get to meet new people and talk about the joys of food blogging (hearing the groans of your family members as you bring out the camera when the food arrives), I also had a chance to eat delicious food and learn about an amazing site called foodgawker.com. I think the name says it all. : )
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You like foodgawker now? *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE it! Now I have about 50 more recipes on my "must make" list. : )

      Delete
  2. This is very interesting. I have never been to one of these gatherings. Surely it is a great way to meet new friends with similar interests and to learn lots of new things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was great to meet you again too! :)

    ReplyDelete