Monday, May 21, 2012

Vegan Chocolate and Banana Rolled Oat Bites

Hi everyone. Today I am sharing a simple and easy to make vegan dessert recipe. I was really inspired by the Frosty No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies I found at Oh She Glows, and decided to create a similar treat using the ingredients I had available.
The recipe is perfect for some one who is looking to satisfy their chocolate craving in a hurry because the whole process only takes about five minutes to whip up, and then ten minutes to coll and harden. It's also great for someone that just wants a small dessert rather than a whole tray of cookies since the recipe makes about 20 small cookies, 10 medium.

Vegan Chocolate and Banana Rolled Oat Bites
1/4 cup vegan chocolate (bakers chocolate contains no dairy products)
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp of almond milk
1/2 tbsp of agave nectar

First, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Then add all the other ingredients into the bowl and stir it together. Place spoonfuls of the batter into small candy cups and then put into the freezer for ten minutes to harden. Easy as that!
These cookies aren't overly sweet and instead have a very intense chocolate flavour, however, if you are interested in a sweeter and chewier treat, you are welcome to add more agave nectar. These cookies can be served straight from the freezer, because the banana keeps them soft and pillowy, but I found I enjoyed them best after they had softened a little more in the fridge.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Natasha-
    These look great!!! I love the chocolate and banana combo...can't wait to try them out! Thank you for joining us and I hope you have a great trip!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I make pre-workout energy bites very similar to these, but usually only use cocoa powder. The whole chocolate sounds like a great addition, will have to give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make quick and easy no-bake treats to store in the freezer whenever a dessert craving hits, but I also like them to be on the healthier side, so these sound perfect! I'm glad you could still join the potluck!

    ReplyDelete